Credit Earned During Summer/Winter Sessions
- Students can earn up to six (6) credits during a summer or winter session.
- Registration and course completion for summer/winter sessions are not included in the time limits for course completion.
- Credits earned during summer/winter sessions are marked as summer/winter sessions on academic transcripts and will be included in calculations for total credits and overall GPA.
Students on a Leave of Absence and Summer/Winter Sessions
- Students on a leave of absence may take courses during the summer/winter sessions. However, when a student on a leave of absence fulfills graduation requirements by earning credits during the summer/winter sessions, the student must wait at least one semester after returning from the leave of absence to graduate.
- The courses Thinking and Writing and Academic English must be taken initially during a regular semester.
Summer/Winter Sessions Procedures
|Request for Courses||- - Courses can be requested before the summer/winter sessions begin in April or October. (Refer to notices on the KU Portal.)|
|Courses Open for Summer/Winter Sessions||- Courses are opened by departments offering summer/winter sessions in May or November. (Courses can be checked for at sugang.korea.ac.kr or the KU Portal.)|
The procedure for course registration is the same as that for the regular semester.
- Summer Session: Course registration from the end of May to early June.
- Winter Session: Course registration from the end of November to early December.
(The course registration period is different each semester. Students must refer to the notices on the KU Portal.)
|Payment of Lecture Fees||
- Lecture fees for courses that have been registered for must be paid through a virtual payment account.
- Courses are automatically dropped when the lecture fees are not paid.
|Withdrawal from Courses||
- Courses can be withdrawn from before half of the session passes
- Lecture fees will be refunded. The refund rates are determined by when the student withdraws from the session.
|Cancellation of Courses, Grading, Surveys on Courses||
- Courses are canceled in the same way as those during the regular semester. After the course cancellation notification, students who signed up for the canceled courses can add/drop courses.
- Grading and surveys on courses will proceed in the same way as during the regular semester. However, students can check their grades for the summer/winter sessions immediately after completing the survey.
Korea University Academic Regulations Article 49 (Credit Acquisition in Summer/Winter Session)